A global manufacturer of radio communications equipment wished to replace an existing stamped metal housing with a lighter, more effective solution which would allow for access to the device for enhancements and repairs, without soldering. This solution still needed adequate EMI shielding, all while meeting specific cost requirements.
• Shield between the display of a radio and a PCB within the radio
• Easily installation within the radio
• Shielding of 40 dB at 1.9 GHz
• Easy access to the PCB within the radio for repairs, no soldering required
• One piece solution
KEY CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS
• Low cost, short lead time
• Excellent EMI shielding
• Molded in pockets for clearance of PCB components
The Parker Chomerics PREMIERTM A240-HTHF conductive plastic housing provided superior EMI shielding, with less weight than the traditional metal housing, all the while allowing for access to the internal components for field repair.
The customer’s pricing expectations were far exceeded, giving them a real edge over their competitors.