A manufacturer of large scale commercial indoor agriculture developed a unique, low energy optimized light spectrum indoor grow light. The manufacturer needed a vent to cover the dual light bulbs, and some other EMI/RF shielding was required to project the control electronics as well as reduce device emissions.
• Limited real estate; very thin media required
• Location directly under bulbs necessitated the need for a porous shielding media to allow for heat loss
• EMI/RF shielding of electronics components
KEY CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS
• Airflow and EMI shielding
• Cost effective
• Engineering design and support
Due to the unique design constraints on this application, traditional honeycomb vent media was not an option due to the limited amount or real estate to work with.
Our engineers came up with a 50 openings per inch (OPI) stainless steel mesh instead, which represented a unique manufacturing challenge being able to secure the flexible mesh to the vent frame. The frame was then grounded to the chassis via a CHO-SEAL® S6305 conductive elastomer in a groove.