A flex circuit cable running through the hinge between a printed circuit board and the display in a laptop computer required an economical shield wrap or tape. The cable acted like an antenna without shielding.
• Extremely flexible
• 5200 VDC dielectric strength
• Low cost, simple installation
• Easy verification of proper installation
KEY CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS
• Available in rolls or cut to length
• No mechanical hardware required for installation
• Excellent EMI shielding
• Takes advantage of existing Chomerics competency in foil and film technology
• Oversized polyester release film allows for quick, easy installation
• Less expensive than conductive coatings or other flat cable shielding solutions
A simple solution solved a big problem. Parker Chomerics can assist you in designing solutions to your shielding challenges. Often, configuring existing materials and technology in different combinations offers a convenient, low cost solution.