A large electronics component manufacturer was experiencing electrical shorts caused by a competitor’s EMI shielding gasket materials releasing particles into the system. The manufacturer set out to replace these materials and also find shielding material with a pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) for peel and stick assembly.
• Offering superior shielding performance
• No release of harmful particles
• Lower compression force requirement than the competitor’s product
• Material offered w/ PSA for peel and stick assembly
• Easily die cut to shape of area necessary
KEY CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS
• Conductive woven fiber for superior shielding
• Non-shedding material to prevent particulation
• Die-cut gasket with PSA backing for peel and stick assembly
Parker Chomerics SOFT-SHIELD®
4800 fabric-over-foam EMI shielding gaskets offers a conductive woven fiber for superior shielding, which can be easily cut to shapes with PSA backing for peel and stick assembly.
SOFT-SHIELD® 4800’s composition does not shed particles like the competitor’s materials did, thus preventing system damage.