An electronics component manufacturer required a conductive grommet for a rectangular slot where cables pass through and into a back panel. This solution must be functional in a high tolerance application.
• Offering superior shielding performance
• No release of harmful particles
• Lower compression force requirement than the competitor’s product
• Material offered with pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) for peel and stick assembly
• Easily die cut to shape of area necessary
KEY CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS
• Low compression allowing for easy installation
• Large compression range allowing for reliable function at a wide tolerance range
• PSA tape for peel and stick attachment
Parker Chomerics SOFT-SHIELD® 3500 met the needs of the customer’s cost and EMI shielding performance requirements.
Our ability to offer overnight samples, as well as a low compression force, cost effective solution that was easy to install, with minimal tooling investment, meant the customer was taken care of quickly and efficiently.