A desktop computer features a series of expansion ports designed for future consumer upgrades. These ports need to be covered for both mechanical and EMI protection. Snap-in plastic covers covered provided decorative and mechanical protection, but lacked the necessary EMI shielding. A low cost EMI shielding solution was needed.
• 40 dB reduction in EMI emissions
• Reliable electrical ground to chassis
• Removability in the field
• Low-cost, easy installation
KEY CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS
• Kiss-cut resealable dielectric laminate exposing conductive PSA for 360-degree peripheral grounding
• Pull tabs for fast removal of resealable dielectric film
• No mechanical hardware required for installation
• Low cost, short lead time
• Excellent EMI shielding
The Parker Chomerics CHO-PATCH solution featured resealable dielectric EMI shielding which provided a low-cost alternative to fastener-mounted metal plates and plastic covers. This material is available in both bulk rolls or in custom designed configurations.